Sunday 22 January 2012

man...why you always gotta be a dick?

ok im sure that most of you think im a dick. and this blog probably hasn't done much to dissuade you of that notion. and i will be the first one to admit that i can be a dick. an argumentative, irreverent dick at that.  it's just the way i am. i have, or rather i like to cultivate a deeply cynical, jaded view of the world because in my opinion 9 times oit of 10, people just fuck you up. 9 times out of 10. and so you build your armour up strong. and you make it impenetrable. and you sit back content that no can get through. and you act like a dick. but theres always that 10th time. that one moment that makes you think/feel that as a species we might be arseholes most of the time but there are always, always the good people. the people who do charity work, the people who unselfishly give their lives for others. so that's the good people on a big level. for me, personally, i've realised something that i really should have said a long time ago. my friends are good people. just good, good people. it never fails to amaze me how my friends will go out of their way to help me out. my daughter collapsed yesterday while we were at a friends place and i have never seen my friend or his heavily pregnant wife move so fast. before i knew it we were at the hospital where they insisted, insisted on staying around,  i don't know, i just felt really touched by that. and lucky for that matter. the Little Empress is ok by the way, thanks for asking. anyway, after that another friend shows up and just drove me everywhere as i ran around getting shit togehter including a run to nausori and back, tried to give him fuel money and he flat out refused. it's a humbling thing when you realise that there ARE people who would go to the wall for you. and this isn't the first time this has happened. my friends have always been there. always had my back, always been there to go the wire. i don't know if i deserve such friends but i sure as shit am glad to have them in my life. Vinaka vakalevu!

No comments:

Post a Comment