Thursday 12 January 2012

this music shizznit!

Look I don't mind or care for that matter that drake is your favourite rapper. Or that you think lil' wayne is awesome. Good for you, im happy. but please,please dont even compare your pop music to the shit I listen to. Seriously, I know you think rihanna is the pinnacle of musicality (is that even a word?) but fuck my life, i could name female artists that would shit rihanna out and not even realise they've shat some shit out. And yes, I know music is a very subjective thing and what one person loves, another might hate. I know all that. but fuckinghell if you say to me that flo-rida is a better lyricist than shad, i feel like wrapping a fucking microphone cored around your scrawny chicken neck. Let's do a quick comparison shall we? Here's flo-rida with say...low...

"I ain't never seen nuthin that'll make me go,
this crazy all night spendin my dough
Had a million dollar vibe and a bottle to go
Dem birthday cakes, they stole the show
So sexual, she was flexible
Professional, drinkin X and ooo
Hold up wait a minute, do I see what I think I
Whoa
Did I think I seen shorty get low
Ain't the same when it's up that close
Make it rain, I'm makin it snow
Work the pole, I got the bank roll
Imma say that I prefer them no clothes
I'm into that, I love women exposed
She threw it back at me, I gave her more
Cash ain't a problem, I know where it goes


So that's flo-rida....as per usual rapping about women and sex...blah blah fuckity blah!

Now let's see what Canadian born Nigerian rapper shad has to offer from a song called A story no one told...

God exhaled
The moon shivered in a blue river
Stardust fell
Through space released and gave its peace
To a man in his place beneath
Graciously as he laid asleep
draped in sheets
with his honest wife
in the gold days of his old age
and on this nice August night
his soul raised
he saw this light - the calmest bright -
like Coldplay, it was all yellow
and in its gold rays, he saw his plight
as it showed him the youth that he’d forgot about
like how he block the spout on his house’s hose
and not let the water out

Can you in all fucking honesty compare the two? You can't can you...motherfucker! So enjoy your pop, shit I enjoy pop music...Duh right...its called pop because its POPular. But dont ever fall into the trap of thinking that mainstream music is anywhere near what's being done in the underground scene of ANY music genre. Pop music is popular because it caters to the lowest common denominator and all too often our LCD is pretty shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment