Thursday 12 January 2012

Wow I'm venting like a champion venter...

anyway like I said in my last post(which was all of 10 minutes ago...hahahaha!) The Beatles...

At that point in their career, the Beatles were a leather-clad rock cover band who were known for drinking and spewing obsenities on stage. Epstein persuaded them that they needed him as a manager and, after John agreed, completely changed their image. He made them clean up their stage act and wear suits everywhere they went. He promised they'd be bigger than Elvis.
Link (so you know Im not bullshitting you):http://www.aboutthebeatles.com/biography_brianepstein.php

My point...my point...where the fuck did I leave it? Hey, look at the shiny thing! Oh right, back on topic...I'm a huge fan of Bob Marley. A huge fucking fan. When I was younger, he was my role model. Do you know what happened? I grew the fuck up and realised that at the end of the day, it's just music and these people are just singers. Entertainers...really nothing more than a higher class of circus clown. Yes, there are relevant lessons that you could maybe, maybe take away from a particular song. And yes, music does soothe the savage beast. But...to act like these guys and girls are role models. Fuck that. Is it just me or do we put the wrong people on a pedestal? Actually now that I think about it as ridiculous as worshipping a singer is, what's even more fucked up is worshipping and idolising someone because they're reallllly gooood at kicking a ball or passing it. Probably the only sportsman I would maybe do it to(hehe) is David Pocock and it has nothing to do with his on-field performance. The guy is an amazing role model in my opinion.

"Now they're both passionate about charity work and Pocock dedicates much of his energy to his own charity 'Eightytwenty Vision', which he and close friend Luke O'Keefe established in 2009.
The charity provides initiatives for people in rural Zimbabwe to break the cycle of poverty with small self-help projects.
It also focuses on helping promote maternity care for expecting mothers in the third world country.
"In most developing countries maternal health is at the bottom of the priority list when it comes to government funding so that's one area we're really trying to improve."
The difference is already evident with a hospital that usually has 18 births in a year is now handling the same number of births every month."

 Boo-yah...

No comments:

Post a Comment